Friday 11 March 2016

March Holidays

Dear parents,

Time flies, we have come to the end of Term 1. We are glad that most of the pupils have transited well into primary school life in Endeavour.

Both your child and you have worked hard and we all deserve a good break.

Please note the following for Math:

Math Homework :

1. Review 2 from Math Workbook
2. QQ Cards ( Quick Questions Cards) :

I have loaned the  QQ cards for addition & subtraction to your child. They have signed a contract with me today and promised to use and take good care of the cards.





Do work with your child on improving their factual fluency for these basic facts. I hope you will take time during the holidays to play these cards with them.

Tips on the QQ cards :
1. Don't test them all the time. Let them play the role of "Little Teacher" to test you instead so that there is mutual play.
2. Do also "pretend" to get the answers wrong occasionally to see if they can pick up your mistakes and PRAISE them when they did. I use this "intended error" strategy a lot in my Math class as the ability to identify my errors and corrects them correctly assure me that they have mastered the concept I wanted to teach.

Miss Lim has also assigned some English work from their STELLAR unit worksheet. Do spend time to get your child to read widely during the school holidays.

Have a safe and restful holidays.







3 comments:

  1. Thanks Mrs Ow Yong for the updates.
    I've noticed that Matthias has gotten more fluent over the term with his addition and subtraction facts :)

    Rgds
    Matthias' mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs Ow Yong for loaning the QQ cards to the children to bring home to play.

    Belinda was so excited about it and had been pestering me to play it with her since she got home on Friday. She loves role-playing & refuses to go to bed unless I play it at least ONCE with her before bedtime :)

    Enjoy the term break too.

    Best Regards,
    Belinda's Mummy

    ReplyDelete